Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Mental Lists

Just finished the latest episode of the Mentalist (DVR'd from tonight) and my Visual BASIC.  Now I'm finishing "We Own the Night."  It seems like a decent movie, but I've only been half-assed watching it over the past four nights.  The only time I get to watch the movies I want to watch is late at night.  My girls go to sleep around 8ish, and most of the time the wife is right behind them.  Since everyone in the house are light-sleepers (with the exception of me), I usually end up watching my movies, tv shows and play the occasional videogame with no sound and subtitles.  Drives my wife nuts.  After a few years, you get used to it.  
Despite not feeling well, I cooked steak and mashed potatoes for my wife's birthday dinner tonight.  Yesterday was her birthday, but we were busy.  So tonight was the night.  I invited the mother and sister-in-law over for the dinner.  Looking forward to sleeping in (yeah, right) and taking it easy tomorrow.  I'm anxious to hear reviews of Call of Duty World at War.  
Tomorrow night I have a VB test and then it's back home.  I need to get back to working on my catalog app.  Right now, all that's done is the front end form.  I still have to read up on linking mySQL to VB using ODBC.  Just been too busy.  Also, I have a calendar app that I'd like to get started, but that will have to wait until I'm finished with the first one.  Alright, I'm done.  Wish me luck on the test.  

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
jmk

No comments: